SG Tire Carrier On A Soft top WITH Rack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 12th, 2005, 10:46 PM
thelandroverguy
Vince
1997 D-90 ST

Unhappy SG Tire Carrier On A Soft top WITH Rack

Well, just spent most of my Saturday installing a Safari Gard Rear Tire Carrier. To tell you the whole story, the darn thing does not fit a D-90 with a Factory OEM Safari Rack installed. I tried calling the 800 number and they are off on Saturdays. Does anyone else agree with me? I may have installed it wrong. Or Not. The tire hits the passenger side ladder, the Hi Lift hits the drivers ladder. I hope they take it back and refund me. I was really looking forward to this upgrade. 8-( No where on the Safar Gard website does it say, 'Will not work with a Safari Rack'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Hi Vince, I don't have any advice on your situation, but if you decide that the carrier won't work with your rig I would be willing to buy it from you. At least you wouldn't have to pay to ship it back to Safari Gard.

-Mark
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:44 AM
thelandroverguy
Vince
1997 D-90 ST

Hi Mark, that sounds great. You are first.... How does 750.0 sound. It is brand new. 8-) Installed once and removed. I work in Hollywood so maybe you can come by and pick-up or we can meet. Please call my cell at 909-268-3254. This would be easier than returning it. It lists for 850.00 plus 120.00 in shipping. If You pass, I will move this to Parts For Sale......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2005, 09:02 AM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Glad to see this post Vince, I have the safari gard tire carrier, and I was going to put the rack on the truck. Thanks for the info, saved the truck from getting some holes put in it.

Martin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, carrier, rack, soft top, tire, tire carrier