Security Help - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Like my Tatas?
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
A Diesel engine my nature will 'diesel' which means it will run on its own ... If its all mechanical there still has to be a way to stop the engine. On a landrover TDI mechanical pump there is a switch that when has a voltage applied it allows the mechanical pump to run. To stop the engine you remove voltage and engine stops.

So you are looking for the anti-dieseling mechanism and interrupt that.

Originally Posted by slorocco View Post
Even on the mechanical fuel pump and mechanical injection pump motors, it's pretty common to have and electrical solenoid on the injection pump which cuts fuel flow when you turn off the ignition/power switch.

I don't know the GM6.2/6.5 motors at all but the solenoid is a pretty common item. You will find it on most of the old bosch rotary pumps used on VWs, Cummins, even on the old CAV pump on a 2.5 na rover motor which are all mechanical injection systems.

Perfect. Thanks. I'll take a look at the Technical Manual and see if I can find it.

1983 110 Rebuild
Series 1
"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Tom Rowe
IMO all turbo diesels (assuming it has a turbo) should have an intake air shut-off. Add one of those and leave it closed when not driving the truck.

Tom Rowe
Atlanta, GA

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 Regular
67 109 6cyl NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist
95 DI 5-speed
95 D90 5-speed
97 D1 Automatic

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions