Seats - Corbeau, PRP, Stock, Other? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Defiantly the Sports will be easier to get in and out of since they have a lower leg bolsters than the GTS II, as you can see in the pictures below of the 2 seats. Trust me, ask any male who has sat in a GTS II in a Rover about getting out of the seat for the first time, the story is the same. You drag your jewels over the bolster getting out the first time, you remember to lift up and out from then on.
haha, don't mean to laugh but that was real funny and I now understand where you were coming from in your previous post. The "Lift Up and Out" statement should be made on a red sticker w/ white lettering and placed on the dash - like the handles you see on planes.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenB
I could remove either seat without tools in 3 minutes - installed fluted knobs on longer bolts that allowed me to quickly, unblot and remove a seat (attached to the custom bracket / and stock corbeau sliders). It took about 5 minutes to reinstall because I had to align the holes in the mouting bracket to the rivetnuts in the seat box. It is not as quick as the factory configuration - but when it came time to load larger cargo into my truck it was a snap to completely remove the passenger seat.

I used 1" square stainless steel tubing for the main runners and standard steel 1" x 2" rectangiular tubing for the cross members and mounting locations for the corbeau sliders.
Len
I would probably go the fluted knobs route as well just in case I had to get the seats up w/out tools.

Thanks for the tubing list too!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaD90
broken back as a result of a ski racing accident in high school, and then a rock climbing (well bouldering) accident. The Baja RS dont have the particularly high sides that can make some of the seats real hard to get into and they are still a full suspension seat with a reclining option which is extremely nice. I mean i am 6'2 and my custom hard top is lower than a normal soft top and i still am ok. I did relocate my battery to the back kinda where one of the landy boxes would fit to make it easier to jump trucks since i am out in montana right now where dead batteries are a daily dilemma.
Thanks - I'll add the Baja RS's to my "look into" list. That must have been one accident - although ski racing is definitely pretty gnarly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
RoverC
Cliff
1997 D90 ST

So whats the difference between the Corbeau Baja RS and the Mastercraft Baja RS? (other than double the price)
Same seat or?
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Another potential option is the new Exmoor Elite seat. They are making the first set up for us now and they will end up in Beach Runner #3. You can see them on the Exmoor web site. I haven't sat in them yet (no one has, we are getting the first set sold) so I don't know if they are nice or not, but they look good and still give access under the seat in the normal way. Once they go in I'll report back on what they were like, might be another option for folks and they can be made in all the factory fabrics for a nice "stockish" look.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

I know that people are not fond of the SVX in general, but what about the seats in it?

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/land-...-svx-1/736377/
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
RoverC
Cliff
1997 D90 ST

does the seat base come out like the rest?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
seats