Seat Upgrade? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:03 AM
thelandroverguy
Vince
1997 D-90 ST

Question Seat Upgrade?

I searched and read the past posts in regards to the seat upgrades for the 90. I can not stand the seat any longer.... (stand) Anyway I like the Corbeau GTS seats as stated. The issue with the battery. Has anyone done a remote acces or instatlled a plug type recepticle to jump the battery if ever needed. I can see myself now..... Cold rainy day and I am sitting there unbolting the Corbeau GTS seat to get to the battery and jump it.

Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I would think a mod to the bracket would be more appropriate. Since one day I'm going to install Corbeau's, I am considering making a seat rail hinge at the back, and hold the fronts down with big wing nuts. Just a thought at this time, but I think it's feasible....
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I did what your thinking about with wing nuts all around and a modified rail system. Comes out pretty quickly and it was an easy way to tilt the seat back since you need to badly with an aftermarket seat. I also expanded the battery compartment to store some more junk in there. Good luck!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I think Chris Von C installed a remote plug for jumper cables. He used a heavy duty battery plug, the kind used on battery powered forklifts.
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Quimbola
Josh
1994 #1695 Not stock.

Dave, How did you modify the rails? Any pics?
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I'll snap a few this weekend and get them posted up. Should be easy since my seat is out, both optimas died on me. Ah the joy!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Why not cut out a rectangle on the side of the seat box, hinge it and fabricate lead extensions down the side of the battery.

Flip the hinge and your extended posts are right there!
Old July 18th, 2004, 11:06 PM
gearco
James T. Johnston, Jr.
1986 D110

I have a Warn winch on my 90 with one of those black plastic boxes with a "W" on it, just to the right side of the A bar. It's the box that the remote wire switch plugs into. On the right side of the box where the positive wire from the battery is attached, I carved out a small hole and bolted a brass terminal post to the battery wire. The post protrudes about an inch and a half outside the box. It looks inconspicuous and functions well as a jumper since I have the Porsche seats installed and access to the battery is now more difficult.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions