Seat re-trim Questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 31st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
Seat re-trim Questions

My Exmoor re-trim kit just arrived and before I start I need a little help ..

1. Are the front seats handed? I mean can I swap the driver seat for passenger? I have to do one seat at a time due to apartment living and restricted parking. Being able to constantly have a drivers seat would help.

2. Seat Heaters ... I bought the Waeco ones from John Craddocks - any fitment advice around placement / orientation of the heater mats / cables? Where do people mount the switches?

3. Seat frame ... suggestions on what I can paint them with ... they are showing a little rust ... so i'd like to clean them up. In the uk we had smoothrite which would have been ideal ... does the US have the same?

Many thanks in advance.

I can do a photo step by step if anyone else is planning to do this??

Thanks in advance.

Old August 31st, 2009, 05:46 PM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
1. they are the same except for the seat back adjustment, it is supposed to be next to the door.

2. Most mount them in or around the consul.

3. Take them out and have them sand blasted and powder coated or wire wheel them and paint them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions