Seat Rail Wedge Risers - Comments - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Seat Rail Wedge Risers - Comments

I just got my first set of wedge-shaped seat extension/riser bars finished and would like to get input/comments on them before making up a batch for sale.

The shape allows the seat to be raised in the back without raising the front edge very much. Personally I find the angle of the seatbox to be too steep and find this to be more comfortable. As with all rails they also allow the seat to slide back to the end of the sliders instead of coming to rest against the centre bulkhead (in my 110), I have not tried them in a 90 as of yet.

I've posted some photos at: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=544610503 so you can see what they look like before painting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2010, 01:09 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Just out of curiosity, what makes these different from the ones already out there? Don't the ones on the market have a slight angle to them (Mud UK/Exmoor)? I've always wondered about these. Don't really need them but have always thought the amount of travel the seats have is ridiculous.

-->
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:18 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

My issue started when fitting the Exmoor Defender Elite seats which are much thicker than stock. Standard rails put my eye-line a lot higher than I liked so I looked at a number of different ways to deal with it and this is the compromise I came up with that could be done without cutting down the seam behind the seat rail.

I'm also hoping they'll be cheaper, especially considering shipping costs from the UK.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions