Seat Options? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:41 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Seat Options?

The stock seats in my 94' D90 are beginning to look a little worse for wear (especially my back seat) and I am interested in re-upholstering them or purchasing replacement seats/seat covers. I would prefer to preserve the stock look. What have people done in this regard? Is there a place that sells replacements/covers? Or has anyone had the stock seats reupholstered with a similar fabric. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

RDS

Rovers North and Rovers Down South sell the stock items. They are pricey for what you get - 1 seat cover which running like 75 for the bottoms I think. RDS sells the stock replacements, but they are all grey in color and do not match the originals in some cases. Both are pricey.

Search the archives. I lot of people have replaced their seats with mastercrafts and such which are supposed to be really nice as well as a little bit more comfortable as well. There was a post about a group order by the board from Exmoor Trim in the UK, but I don't remember the outcome. Search the archives for both. I think they were a couple months back....

Atlantic British sells Geniune seat covers (not seat cushion replacements like the above) for around 200 for the pair. I have never seen them in person but have heard good things about them. Most of the pricing is guestimates off the top of my head, so surf over to the sites and confirm. You'll have to call RDS for the price.

Plenty of options and price ranges. Hope that helped.
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Thanks. I will follow-up with your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Has anyone used (or is anyone familiar with) the seat covers manufactured by Wet Okole? They seem to be custom fit and may be an interesting option. Thanks.
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:10 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
www.badgercoachworks.com
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:24 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Justin,

I would take it to a local upholsterer. If you shop around you can get a smokin deal. I had my Disco front seat bottoms repadded and upholstered. Both seats for $80. In one day. I almost felt guilty. I will be doing the same to the 130 soon.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:50 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Justin, sent you a PM. Call me if you want more info.
Kevin's got a good idea too...
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Thanks for the PM. I am waiting for samples from Wet Okole (or insight from anyone that has used them) before I decide which route to take. The thought of plain black custom-fitted seatcovers that are completely waterproof is intriguing.
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Justin, I have never seen or used the Wet Okole's but I have read in Mags that they are very good. How much would a set cost?
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:24 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

They quoted me $225 for the two front seats (standard model with no logo and no european piping) and another $225 for the back seat (same product). I requested a brochure and color from their website - http://www.wetokole.com/ If you look in their gallery, they have some photos of the seats in a D90 SW.
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Perez uphostery in Pasadena is great for older seats. They did my series years ago real nice.
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:57 PM
DBZ2009
Z
ex-1994 D90/ 2 j**ps

Not to get off subject, but does anybody know the best way to clean the Badger seat covers? Mine need some attention.

Z
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:53 PM
d90_1372
James C
'97 D90 ST

I bought the wet okole front covers a few months back for my 90. I'm very pleased with the results.

The covers are nice looking (I went with two tone, almost matches stock seats - gray+black) and much more comfortable than stock.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:55 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

I live right by the Wet Okole shop in Newport Beach, CA. I stopped in one day. They look nice...and I've heard good things. I saw a set on a D-90 I was looking to buy, but it sold before I could buy it. Nice covers. I'd do it, but mine are still perfect...so no particular reason yet.

Let me know if I can help with the recon for you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions