SD Cage Installation Instructions? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
SD Cage Installation Instructions?

Hey guys,

Getting ready to install my SD 110 cage and the only instructions that came with the kit is a diagram of the cage. I have been looking but can't find any specifics. Anyone have a link to how to install the SD cage? I already downloaded the one from SD but it's not the best instructions to go by. Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

open hood... install fender covers... disconnect battery... read useless instructions..grab a beer, re-read instructions to see if beer helped you to understand them...grab another beer, sit back and remember what its like as a kid to do a jigsaw puzzle....have another beer...knee bones connected to the shin bone...shin bones connected to the... hope this helps...LOL...
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Hey guys,

Getting ready to install my SD 110 cage and the only instructions that came with the kit is a diagram of the cage. I have been looking but can't find any specifics. Anyone have a link to how to install the SD cage? I already downloaded the one from SD but it's not the best instructions to go by. Thanks in advance.

Thats all there is mate

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
CVC had a thread of him installing the D90 full SD cage. I though JimC had a thread on installing his SD cage on his Puma 110 last year, and cwilder is I believe the most recent to have installed (or had one installed) on his 110. CVC's was the closest to a step by step I think though.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
open hood... install fender covers... disconnect battery... read useless instructions..grab a beer, re-read instructions to see if beer helped you to understand them...grab another beer, sit back and remember what its like as a kid to do a jigsaw puzzle....have another beer...knee bones connected to the shin bone...shin bones connected to the... hope this helps...LOL...
So I am looking at the right instructions! I better go get more Stella

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
CVC had a thread of him installing the D90 full SD cage. I though JimC had a thread on installing his SD cage on his Puma 110 last year, and cwilder is I believe the most recent to have installed (or had one installed) on his 110. CVC's was the closest to a step by step I think though.
Yeah I saw CVC's but it was really just some pics, unless I am looking at the wrong thread. Guess I'll do a write up when I am done with mine.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
grnrvrs
Paul

I just finished this install. Give me a shout with specific questions.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Hey guys,

When you're cursing because things aren't fitting perfectly and you need to (maybe) fabricate some spacers for the rear legs that go through the tub, just be thankful that you didn't make the same expensive mistake as me and have ECR install it.

Everyone I have talked to said that the instructions are limited (and probably misleading), but even if they were detailed, most ROW Defenders have some previous work and things don't always line up perfectly anyway.

If you need any pictures of how things line up underneath and inside, let me know specifically what you need to see and I'll try to post something visually helpful.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:32 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Hey Jackie... I bet you're still weeping blood from that special orifice after that bill...billable hours musta killed ya..LOL...
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Ok, I am ready

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1447.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	59390

And thanks Paul and Jackie, I may take you guys up on your offers.

Old October 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I said get a BEER... not that stella cat's piss crap... no wonder you're so confoosed..:0
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
belgian
Maxim
1995 RRC SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I said get a BEER... not that stella cat's piss crap... no wonder you're so confoosed..:0
Respect for the Belgian beer please.. Haha
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:37 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Now if you had a case of warsteiner.. Or VB or XXXX or Sierra Nevada.. Or Coopers. Or soooo many others.. But c'mon... Stella..????.. WTF...but then you wouldn't get any work done.. Lol....
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:01 AM
grnrvrs
Paul

Warsteiner, the Miller Lite of German beer. Way better options out there.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Stella is far better than the crap from coors or BS from bud.
But then, when I drink beer, I choose Dos Equis...

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I did the NAS cage on a ROW. The SD instructions suck, but don't pay a place to install it. You and a buddy can do it in a weekend. I did mine by myself. Start with the middle interior hoop and that locates everything else.

The only shitty part is cutting holes in the rear inner fenders and tool box to fit the support legs - that's a bitch without a plasma cutter or other cutting device.

I available for help/questions as well.

Semper Fi!
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop
Now if you had a case of warsteiner.. Or VB or XXXX or Sierra Nevada.. Or Coopers. Or soooo many others.. But c'mon... Stella..????.. WTF...but then you wouldn't get any work done.. Lol....
PACIFICO!
Only beer I drink.....unless I am forced to drink something else.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:24 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I have done three now. I have always had a set of instructions with the package. I can look to see if I still have it? if you like? PM me your email.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:30 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgian View Post
Respect for the Belgian beer please.. Haha
x2! Although I do love just about all but the cheap american stuff.

Good luck with the install
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Jackie,

Let's compare install bills over a bottle of the hard stuff (bourbon is my particular poison of choice). At least by the end of the bottle(s), we'll be able to laugh or cry over it.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Lets compare INSTALL BILLS is NOT what I read first time....)... Too freaking funny..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cage, installation