Scorpion Racing Bumperettes - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

Scorpion Racing Bumperettes

This summer I may look to make some additions to my Defender. I have always liked the Rover Accessories Rear Bumperettes because of the Diamond Plating, but they cost over $300. I was just looking on Glenn's shops page and saw the scorpion racining rear bumperetts that also have the diamond plating and are over $50 cheaper. Other than removing the rear step, is there any other modifications that need to be made (ie cutting the rear quarter panels)? And Glenn, if I do decide to get these durring the summer, I will definately support a fellow D-90.com member.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

along the same topic, does anyone know where to get a 5 tonne Dixon Bate for cheap. The only place I have seen them is EE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Andy,

Thanks man! Just let me know and we'll take care of you. I think Steve Cooper from LandRover Stuff sells the Dixon Bates as well but I'm sure they have the same source as EE so the prices are probably the same.

Pricing is a bit of an issue these days as far as UK products are concerned because of the current exchange rates.

Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Berty
Brett Hurrell
D90 Hardtop 300Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krna
Other than removing the rear step, is there any other modifications that need to be made (ie cutting the rear quarter panels)?
Andy, you don't need to do any other mods, they are pure bolt on.

I have just removed mine to have them galvanised. They are good bumperettes though.

In case anyone is interested Scorpion don't actually fabricate them theirselves. They are made by a company called WVH Holdings in Bradford UK.
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

Scorpion racing Bumperetets

Andy
I'm only 30mins away from WVA Holdings here in the UK so if you want me to get hold of a pair of their bumperettes, drop me a line and I'll see what i can do. Know the guys well, so should be able to get you 'a deal' cheaper than $corpion prices.

FYI. WVA's come galvanised as standard, whereas i'm pretty sure the Scorpion ones aren't.

Kev
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Berty
Brett Hurrell
D90 Hardtop 300Tdi

You may be right there Kevin. They don't galvanise their swingaway wheel carriers though
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berty
You may be right there Kevin. They don't galvanise their swingaway wheel carriers though
They do if you ask them...!

Kev
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Kev,

Sent you a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, bumper