School Me on Remote Reservoir Shocks - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi
finding the right shock for a 110 with 5 inch springs for on road /off road use should be interesting. What did the manufacturer of those 5 inch springs recomend ? Any idea what your spring rates are front and rear ?
Springs are Brit M&M I think - all blue. No clue on the rates. I love the springs. Nice and firm, but when the truck starts bouncing the shocks can't keep up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I had that problem with mine with procomps years ago and didn't have them on the 110 1000 miles. Its all about valving. I used to play with Koni adjustables on bmw's back in the 80's. I could open the hood and change shock valving with a knob to change from street to track.
Since you have super long springs of unknown spring rates, seemingly a shock where you can play with the valving yourself would make Bob your uncle.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yep, that's why I think I settled on the adjustable Fox's.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I run OME LTRs and I have 500 pounds in the back, easily, when I take trips. I've driven all over Southern Utah with this setup and never had an issue. Perhaps it's time to slim down and lose the RTT.
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
I run OME LTRs and I have 500 pounds in the back, easily, when I take trips. I've driven all over Southern Utah with this setup and never had an issue. Perhaps it's time to slim down and lose the RTT.
RTT is gone most of the time in favor of an Oz Tent RV4!

Semper Fi!
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
RTT is gone most of the time in favor of an Oz Tent RV4!
Holy crap, a 51-pound tent! No wonder you're so heavy.
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell

Holy crap, a 51-pound tent! No wonder you're so heavy.
LOL, and it's 6" long! I roll in style!

Semper Fi!
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hammertime
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162

Quote:
Like I said before, we don't have a lot of washboard roads on the east coast that you can travel with any speed. So what's the point of going to a remote reservoir shock? You can get a stiff shock without the remote reservoir and save a lot of cash. But those are not as cool to look at.....

I think he needs to get out of suburbia once in awhile. We had plenty of wash board roads in Ohio and in Florida and in any place where there are sand and dirt Roads there are a ton of wash board roads, now in Pa. Yeah I guess if you stay on pavement you will not see much wash boarding.
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
I don't know if it could be of any help but, my 110 sits on HD old man emu springs and old man emu shocks. I use the truck on a 60-80 miles daily basis, with a similar load on the back. Roof rack with a roof top tent a the rear and cargo box on the front. Winch, bullbar etc... On road and off-road everyday and never had problem with the set-up. I might not trash the truck enough!
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
LOL, and it's 6" long! I roll in style!
6" ? is that a tent for " Little Jonathan " ?
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier

6" ? is that a tent for " Little Jonathan " ?
FU Goose! .

I meant 6ft

Semper Fi!
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Don't get snappy with me ...your words not mine *LMAO*
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
finding the right shock for a 110 with 5 inch springs for on road /off road use should be interesting. What did the manufacturer of those 5 inch springs recomend ? Any idea what your spring rates are front and rear ?

I think you just answered the question.
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime

I think he needs to get out of suburbia once in awhile. We had plenty of wash board roads in Ohio and in Florida and in any place where there are sand and dirt Roads there are a ton of wash board roads, now in Pa. Yeah I guess if you stay on pavement you will not see much wash boarding.
The interstate in Pennslytucky could be considered washboard I guess.

You have no idea what a washboard road is apparently. I'm not talking fire roads. Have a look at the Trans-Labrador Highway, that's about as close to washboard on the east coast as you're going to find.
Old November 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hammertime
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
The interstate in Pennslytucky could be considered washboard I guess.

You have no idea what a washboard road is apparently. I'm not talking fire roads. Have a look at the Trans-Labrador Highway, that's about as close to washboard on the east coast as you're going to find.
Follow my ass to Gainesville Florida next month and I will show you a road, 2 miles from down town that has to be graded every week or so because of the washboards. You have to either drive 5 and creep over them or 50 and fly over them anything in between and you and your truck will get the shit jarred out of it. You make all these dogmatic statements thats are BS. I have driven many a washboarded hills and going down or around a turn that the washboards would cause you not to be able to stop or hardly negotiate a turn. I am sorry but I use to drive close to 100-200 miles a day between working in the Oilfield and my Farrier business. And I have seen many a washboarded road. But whatever you seem to always know more than everyone else. You ever heard of the word tact? You ought to try using it once in a while.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime View Post
Follow my ass to Gainesville Florida next month and I will show you a road, 2 miles from down town that has to be graded every week or so because of the washboards. You have to either drive 5 and creep over them or 50 and fly over them anything in between and you and your truck will get the shit jarred out of it. You make all these dogmatic statements thats are BS. I have driven many a washboarded hills and going down or around a turn that the washboards would cause you not to be able to stop or hardly negotiate a turn. I am sorry but I use to drive close to 100-200 miles a day between working in the Oilfield and my Farrier business. And I have seen many a washboarded road. But whatever you seem to always know more than everyone else. You ever heard of the word tact? You ought to try using it once in a while.
Dana:

The sooner that you learn that Chapman is just mad at his dad, and is taking it out on everyone on D90, the better off you'll be.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
I call bullshit, Dana. You trailer your D-90 AND Disco everywhere you go, even to Rausch Creek that's only an hour from your home. You're a trailer queen. You would not know a washboard road if it bit you in the ass.

Would love to see some of these washboards hills, though. They sound pretty badass. Florida is known worldwide for their hills. I'm sure you have pics of yourself and Bill Burke mapping out your routes. Too bad I'd have to drive 13 hours to Florida to see them myself. I better go ahead and order some shocks first, though, would not want to go unprepared into the wilderness of Florida to drive some weekly graded washboard roads.

I just Googled Gainesville, FL, on Google maps. Damn, looks pretty intense! I bet it's easy to get lost out there between those interstates. I hope you have GPS. Be safe, man.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	43850  
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Hammertime
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
I call bullshit, Dana. You trailer your D-90 AND Disco everywhere you go, even to Rausch Creek that's only an hour from your home. You're a trailer queen. You would not know a washboard road if it bit you in the ass.

Would love to see some of these washboards hills, though. They sound pretty badass. Florida is known worldwide for their hills. I'm sure you have pics of yourself and Bill Burke mapping out your routes. Too bad I'd have to drive 13 hours to Florida to see them myself. I better go ahead and order some shocks first, though, would not want to go unprepared into the wilderness of Florida to drive some weekly graded washboard roads.

I just Googled Gainesville, FL, on Google maps. Damn, looks pretty intense! I bet it's easy to get lost out there between those interstates. I hope you have GPS. Be safe, man.
Why does this not surprise me LMAO, The All seeing And all Knowing Dan Chapman

Who said anything about intense? You were talking washboards Right? I do think that was what you were talking about! Roads that people would drive with washboards everyday. And as far as hills I was talking about southeastern Ohio where alot of the back roads are still dirt mud & gravely hills. You know the things that make washboards more prevalent!
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Why does this not surprise me LMAO, The All seeing And all Knowing Dan Chapman

Who said anything about intense? You were talking washboards Right? I do think that was what you were talking about! Roads that people would drive with washboards everyday. And as far as hills I was talking about southeastern Ohio where alot of the back roads are still dirt mud & gravely hills. You know the things that make washboards more prevalent!
So, you need remote reservoir shocks to run these badass roads no where near Pennsyltucky? Come on, Dana, get to your point here. Tell us why The Wolf needs remote reservoir shocks. Or, do you even have a point?

Dana's idea of a washboard road:

Old November 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
For fuck sakes Dan, you're like herpes, you just won't go away.

Why I need shocks does not concern you, I don't care about your input, just go away. All you care about is attacking others and being a Fuckstain.

All I asked for was remote reservoir shock advice about valving, etc and now we are talking about washboard roads....

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
remote