Defender Source Forum banner

Satin or matt paint jobs???

Tags
paint
5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  chris snell 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into doing one of these satin or matt finish paint jobs on a truck and was looking to see what you all thought and if anyone had any issues with this not protecting the truck or staining easily. I just remember seeing this once and it looked like the guy had just put some tire shine on and it was all over the rear fender from driving and it looked darker where it got wet. Looked almost stained. Any thoughts? I just love that satin black or satin nato green finish!! Thanks...

#4 ·
Use Gillespie Coatings CARC substitue paint from Rapco.com You can get green or black, I used desert tan. Just a little hardener when you spray it and you get a nice matte finish.

#6 ·
It has held up well, just sold the truck though. Sure it has scratches but overall has held up well, but I actually wheel quite often. See the "Goat Surgery" thread down in the build ups and restores forum

#7 ·
Well, it depends what you're doing with the truck, but I know BMW did a limited run of Matte Grey M3's and they made the buyers sign a waiver about the paint because it can't be buffed and bird crap etc. wreaks havoc on the finish if it isn't removed quickly. I think they recommended specific cleaning products as well...That being said, I think it looks great on the right vehicle.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.