Salt on ST Windows / Sub Zero Temps - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Arnzo
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90

Salt on ST Windows / Sub Zero Temps

Anyone have any interesting strategies for dealing with salt build up on the windows of your soft top in the dead of winter? I have a new Badger and tried to remove salt build up with windshield washer fluid and a sponge and I think all I did was scratch the window. I'm thinking one of those self service car washes with a spray gun is my only option and hope that I don't freeze the doors shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

Window Care

You should wash them with warm soapy water and then flush them with fresh water. Never wipe the windows when they are dry. All plastic windows get stiff and brittle with colder temps. Never use a power washer on the canvas tops or windows. If you have scratched the windows then you should polish the windows after you have cleaned them. Which Badger top do you have?

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Arnzo
Andrew Arnott
1997 Defender 90

Hi Chris

I have the Badger I FDS. My D90 is the one that Land Rover of Hyannis had last August.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
window, windows