Salisbury wheel bearing and seals part numbers? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
nopants
Joe
1985 Defender 110

Salisbury wheel bearing and seals part numbers?

Yesterday I seem to have developed a leaky rear axle seal. My wheel and tire are now covered in gear oil.

Since I happen to be installing an ARB in the next week or two, I am just going to go ahead and pull the axle and rebuild everything.

So far, I have most of the part numbers (Timken Bearings, National Seals).

Differential:
Carrier Cone: 387A x2
Carrier Cup: 382S x2
Pinion Cone Gear side:HM803146
Pinion Cup Gear side:HM803110
Pinion Cone Flange side HM88649
Pinion Cup Flange side HM88610
Pinion Seal: 9316

Hubs (Timken):
Inner Hub Bearing: 359S x2
Inner Hub Race: 354X x2
Outer Hub Bearing: 11162O x2
Outer Hub Race: 11300 x2

Alternatively - Hub Assembly: FRC8555

What are the part numbers for any hub seals?
Inner Hub Seal: RTC3511
Outer Hub Seal: FRC8222
?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I believe that they are the same as a regular axle.
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Question, IIRC, the Salisbury is almost the same as a Dana 60. Is the Pinion Seal the same? What is the best source for a long lasting Pinion Seal for it? I replaced mine with Genuine and it's pissing everywhere! I have never had a problem with one before, but I've never done one on the Sals either, always on P38s and Discos in the past. I think I remember hearing the Genuine Sals one is crap, but I am trying to source a better replacement.
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check that as well. I doubt this is related though as the vehicle really hasn't been driven much at all (only a few miles total) since it was replaced. I'm just getting back to work on this thing, started the rebuild a few years ago, now I'm really trying to wrap it up!
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

The bearing sets sets are the same as the front Timken set #37 they will come with the races and the bearings. You can get them at any autoparts store

Yuo just need the seals and lock nut/washer from LR
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Pinion seal you want is the National 9316:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I did mine last fall, been meaning to write it up on here (I've got step by step with pics). What what you'll also want to watch is the surface on the pinion yoke, if it's scored like mine was you'll need to get a "speedi-sleeve" that gives a fresh surface (and cheaper/easier than a new yoke). Remind me tomorrow and I'll pull that speedi #.

If you think the write up for the pinion will help let me know and I'll get off my arse and put it up. Don't forget that you need to mark the pinion nut relative to the shaft at removal.

------ Follow up post added April 4th, 2012 10:08 PM ------

Ps - sucks they don't make it in black, but when you see how ridiculously thin the rear cover is you'll want this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I paid a hell of a lot less for mine a year ago.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Get off your arse. (and I don't even have a Sals)

-Jeff
I know I know...between the kid, wife, too many cars, and house projects it consistently falls down the priority list. Plus I'm in the middle of wiring up 2 Blue Sea boxes in the truck so I'm elbows deep in wire right now (trying to finish before Uwharrie). Maybe I'll try tomorrow or this weekend.

------ Follow up post added April 4th, 2012 10:16 PM ------

Andrew:

Now that I re-read your post, I bet your pinion yoke was scored and that's why you're leaking again. Def use a speedi-sleeve.

When are you tackling this project? Maybe it'll motivate me to write it up...I documented it with putting a speedi on mine, so it may help you. You can also pm me your # and I can call you as well.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Thanks Jason! I'm not sure how soon I'll tackle it but probably not for a few weeks anyway. I've never heard of the speedi sleeve, so I'm sure it would help if it comes to it. Btw, I have anew cover already, I think the same one actually, bought it a couple years ago! Yeah...it's been a slow project!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, seals, wheel