Ok so I already posted this over on my build thread but haven't had any feedback yet, so hopefully someone will see this over here.
So I have just refinished my axle housing and need to re-install the differential, problem is I didn't take it apart and need some clarification on order of parts and what actually needs to be replaced.
Here is what I have figured as to the order parts go back in from looking at pictures:
- Inner pinion bearing (will replace)
- 2x shims that sit between the inner pinion bearing and the casting
- Collapsible spacer (should it be replaced?)
- Outer pinion bearing (will replace)
- Oil seal ( I think mine must have been a leather one but hard to tell since the leather is gone)
- Flange (possibly replace)
- I also have some rubber boot thingy that was in with the diff parts is this part of it?
I have attached a picture so hopefully someone can verify I have this straight.
So my next question is should I be replacing these with the same seal kit or should I be upgrading to the newer Flange Kit STC4403, or STC4457 (can't tell the difference between the two).
If I am to upgrade to this new system what parts does it eliminate?
Thanks in advance, I'm in a little over my head on this one.