Salisbury HD Axles - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
I have a detroit in mine and have tried to push the 130 through some "extreme" rock gardens @ The Cove . I have broken both shafts a couple of times. I keep going with stock as I view the shafts as kind of like a fuse that I'm blowing. If I wrap the fuse with aluminum foil and put it back what will I break then (Ie hardened shafts) and because the stock shafts are $25 ea.
I run $400 HD KAM shafts in my rear Sals with an ARB and 4.10s running on 35s. Never had an issue. For $400 it's worth it not getting stuck in a precarious place or changing a shaft in the mud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
sunny every day
Martin
ex-mil 1980 series 3 LWB RHD FFR 2D

TerriAnn.

Didn't you put the Torrel Industries disc brake conversion kit on your LR from Mountain Expedition Equipment ?

So do you think the ROAM kit is just better ? or better financially ?

Thanks.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny every day View Post
TerriAnn.

Didn't you put the Torrel Industries disc brake conversion kit on your LR from Mountain Expedition Equipment ?

Thanks.
Would like the same info too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Maybe you guys should PM Terriann.......

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
TerriAnn.

Yes I did. What I can say is that the kit is very complete even including special sockets that can be hard to find. They assume that you don't need wheel bearings but just about everything for the conversion is in the box. The kit was an easy bolt on. If you have ever replaced wheel bearings the project is basically the same.

I have a web page that goes over the conversion.

Quote:
I have no experience with a ROAM kit. I have not seen one nor driven a LR with the kit installed to I am not qualified to give an opinion.

The Torrel kit is more complete than the ROAM kit and I think is under half the price, possibly even 1/3rd the price by the time you put the wheels back on your truck.

To date I have been happy with the Torrel conversion. Especially coming out of a water crossing or stopping and holding a 109 on a steep nose up position. Holding a 109 still in a steep nose up position is very difficult with stock drum brakes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
axle