Salisbury Cover/Guard - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Salisbury Cover/Guard

I was wondering if anyone had tried fitting the ARB Dana 60 cover to their Salisbury axle. I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if there were slight differences that might prevent it fitting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170175570524
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Andrew - contact Dave Lucas. Last time I was in his shop he still have one or two of his SS guards laying aournd. Half the price, precise fit, with no obnoxious logo. Mark
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I don't know Dave, how do I get a hold of him? Thanks for the tip. I wasn't crazy about the ARB, but the only other one I saw that I kind of liked was the Warn and it was almost as much money and I wasn't sure it would fit either.
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Any of the regular Dana 60 covers will fit. I currently have a poison spider and three Solid diff covers. The shallow ones advertised for the front Dana 60 will not fit (used on some late model front Dana 60 axles). Also the Solid cover has a high diff fill plug if your looking for one for a front Salisbury axle. ARB makes one with a dip stick, but I've not tried that one yet. BTW I prefer the cover to the guard.
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:30 AM
exmod110
Don Lang

Not any of the regular covers will fit, just make sure there is clearance between the crown and the cover. I tried a 2004 superduty front diff cover and it was not deep enough to clear the crown gear...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cover