Safety Devices Full Extenal Roll Cage - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 24th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
On the NAS trucks you luck out with not needing to full the front wings off and installing the A pillar supports. Also on NAS trucks, we already have the underside supports that run across the bottom of the truck under the tub for the base of the B pillars. However we do have to remove the entire internal cage and rear supports to put the ones for the external cage in.
We'll be doing a full write up but here you can see what he means about the B-pillar support. After removing the OEM internal cage and crossbar you can reuse the existing mount point from the under car frame.

http://nnin.net/gallery2/defender/ca...01523.JPG.html

Removing the internal cage made the inside of the truck seem spacious. An added benefit was the seats can almost recline back flat without that crossbar there. I didn't get a pic of the inside after we finished as you couldn't see it very well anyways because of all the tools.
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

What a deal! I see now why all of the beer bottles. Thanks for the pictures, very helpful.
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM
CDN22
Ken
1994 D90

Looks good. Are you still able to mount the NAS roofrack and ladder combo with your setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2006, 01:18 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

No, the standard NAS roof rack and ladder kit are not compatible with this kit. Well, the basket might be, but you need an additional front support. There are 2 tabs on the rear left of the 3rd hoop for attaching on of the UK spec ladders. I suppose with some cutting to the top support on the NAS rear ladder kit you could weld the ladders to the x-bar. I would need to hold the NAS rear ladder section up to it and see.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM
CDN22
Ken
1994 D90

Thanks Chris.
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
Just want to chime in and say this looks awesome! I have always envied seeing the 110's with the external cage. You got it sourced through EE, woudl you be willing to share the $$$?

l8r,
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:10 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I wont share the pricing, but will say that the pricing was extremely good and the customer service outstanding. John really hustled in nabbing this unit for me, as well as taking care of making all the direct shipping arrangements to me from the SD NA storage facility on the East Coast, and keeping me informed of status many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm assuming EE took care of you on the price - but what is the standard retail for the cage? I'm curious what these things go for.
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Are there 3 different people in this thread all with avatar pictures of them wheeling the same dirt hole?

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Are there 3 different people in this thread all with avatar pictures of them wheeling the same dirt hole?
Not anymore. Copycats.

Mmmmmm. Lobster.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
What can I say, it was a fun outting.

Quote:
[/size]
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:

Same hole. My first stab at an avatar. After 2 1/2 years.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I'm assuming EE took care of you on the price - but what is the standard retail for the cage? I'm curious what these things go for.
Someone told me they paid @1800 2 years ago before shipping cost. I never really priced them out before since it was not something I wanted to get on the ST.

Quote:
[/size]
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

cool, just thought I was seeing things.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

haha.. nope you were seeing correct.

Quote:
[/size]
Old April 26th, 2006, 08:18 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
LOL!!
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Someone told me they paid @1800 2 years ago before shipping cost. I never really priced them out before since it was not something I wanted to get on the ST.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks. Seems like most things for the D cost 2k.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cage, safety devices