Safari snorkel - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Thats not really a filter though is it. Sure, the swirl slots will filter out 1/2" rocks but thats about it. I was just wondering i there is a real pre-filter out there. Like a membrane screen you could insert into the Swirle Filter Intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgregory View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2010, 03:18 AM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Don't know of an actual filter. Not sure how well it would work if there is one. With the going on 7 miles of ribbed hose and about 90 bends in the set up already what do you think the cfm would be?

I am exagerating (but only a little) of course but I don't think the engine would be able to suck much air through that lot PLUS another layer of filter medium caked in dust.

Maybe you could hollow out a Mantec head or a Donaldson or something and stick something like a K&N Cone Filter in? Or cover the top of the inlet tube with some type of gauze or filter medium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Thats not really a filter though is it. Sure, the swirl slots will filter out 1/2" rocks but thats about it. I was just wondering i there is a real pre-filter out there. Like a membrane screen you could insert into the Swirle Filter Intake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
snorkel