Safari Rack Height HELP! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 14th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Keith Allen
94 d90 ST
Safari Rack Height HELP!

Okay, I have a small problem. My sweet wife ordered me a Safari Rack from Derrick at Urban Off-Road for my birthday. The problem is that I was not expecting such a great gift so soon and I have no idea if my 90 will fit in the garage with the rack attached.

I have a stock soft top with 265 BFG MT's and stock suspension. Can anyone tell me if the truck will fit in the garage? I did some simple measurements and it looks like I have just under a foot of clearance without the rack.

Second question, I am about to order an ole man emu heavy duty suspension kit which I understand adds 1-2 inches of lift, will the 90 fit with the new suspension and safari rack?

I have 8ft garage doors and I have spent the past hour searching the site for this info. Sorry if I missed a similiar thread.

Any info/comments is greatly appreciated as I plan on many great off-roading trips, but I am not going to leave it sitting out side.

Old June 14th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue
You should factor in an extra couple of inches for the new tires you'll be putting on after the lift. The truck will look right with 285's.I'd say it's gonna be close.

There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

97 D90 SW
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300
I am running 33's with the OME package on a 97 LE. My truck clears an 8ft door with about 1.5 inches to spare.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ac, ht, rack, safari rack