Safari Gard...Must Read!!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST
Safari Gard...Must Read!!!

The kid knows how to do business!!! I was interested in SG HD rock sliders and emailed the company in late Dec inquiring about the price & availability....but I was a little hesitant due to their feedback here on the site. I received a prompt reply from Casey (the new owner) stating they were in the process of restructuring the business/customer service with the same high quality SG products and they would be open early Jan. He stated they had the sliders and accidentally misquoted me the price ($450). In Jan I got on their site and searched for the sliders....priced at $625. I called SG, spoke with Casey and informed him I had an email quoting $450. With no hesitation he said he would honor the price he quoted me and send them out ASAP. This is the proper way to do business!!! As you all know he could have just as easily charged his list price and probably would have had a sale...but he did the ethically thing! To show my gratitude I ordered the front & rear diff guards as well. Received everything today in VA, via UPS nicely packaged within 5 days from CA, at a fair price! Casey stated he has a connection with a private shipping company that can crate orders as well....I just requested the cheapest & slowest being I wasn't in any rush. Although I didn't request it, my credit card still hasn't been charged. I called him this evening to inform him I received my parts & everything was as expected. I asked about the bill and he stated he would charge me tomorrow. I asked him if this was going to be his standard business policy…he stated for anyone that may be hesitant to order from SG due to their past, he would send out parts and bill only upon arrival..... (to me this is above & beyond customer service)!!! Casey is well aware of SGs reputation making the necessary changes and meeting the requests of his customers obviously needed to survive in this economy and the "D-90 world." Everything looks great/tuff/well built....and it's very apparent SG will be here to stay under new ownership!!!! FYI: I have no interest or any personal ties to this company...I just thought I would pass the good word...justin
Safari Gard Phone (619)-300-4287
Casey L Gray Cell (619)-300-8164
Fax (951)-698-8923

Old January 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Scott Kozicki
97 NAS D90 SW
Do you happen to know if they are still offering the sliders that double as air tanks? I've been thinking about fab'ing some up myself, but I like using my time elsewhere if someone's done the work at a fair price.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions