Safari-Equip side tank - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 27th, 2016, 09:16 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Safari-Equip side tank

Have been running a safari-equip rear art 30L tank for about 3 yrs now and have had no issue. I have really enjoyed the extended range. My issue as of today doing my weekly inspection is a disfiguration of the tank. It is around the fill and on the back side. My question is...has anyone using this tank noticed such? I am using this tank in my NAS 90 and have not changed over to diesel so am using the great fuel we have all grown use to(with 10% alcohol). Bunch of crap!! I bought this direct from the UK long before RN was selling. I have looked on the net for comments, but nothing...so I've come back to the best source.
One final point is that the tank has not been hit or is any bind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2016, 04:32 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
I've run one for a long time ... And Jimmy has one too. I never had any issue ... Even with clearance running chains got minor scuffs.

Can you post pic of your concern?
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old May 28th, 2016, 11:51 AM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

I'll do that when I get back in town on Thursday. Sure seemed odd to me to have any issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Are using saying that it looks warped on the sides? Mine has been like that as long as I have had it.
Old May 29th, 2016, 12:08 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Are using saying that it looks warped on the sides? Mine has been like that as long as I have had it.
Mine too.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old June 2nd, 2016, 08:44 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Well I got back and spent some time looking at it close. I have to honestly say I have a little egg on my face. When I installed years ago I put "dynamat" like product on the back side in some small way to keep heat off the tank. I guess I forgot about that part. Anyway the alarm went off in my head when I saw what appeared to be the tank sagging on the back side. Poor light, angle of view. Anyway the tank itself is fine and I was premature at asking for help/advice. Good to know that the tank is all well. I do think these are a great addition to any 90. Thanks again to all of you that did chime in. Next on my build list its to build a one piece skid plate to avoid the gap and joints of the add-on one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions