Rubber floor Matts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Rubber floor Matts

I have been pulling the wet dank carpet out of my 110 and slowly replacing it with rubber. I got the new style tunnel cover with matts built in for the front and I will soon order the rubber for the center, I was wondering, will the 90 soft top rubbere fro the rear fit the 110
http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-6...fender-90.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

yes, its pretty close.
From what I recall it will need a trim here or there toward your back seat area.
It worked nicely for me...
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Barry,

The 90 load mat fits fine in the 110. The cutout for the gas filler does not line up however so you will have to cut the piece and you will wind up with an "extra" cutout. The 90 mat will run right up to the rear seats, but not under them. Here are a couple of quick picks that hopefully make this a little clearer. I bought my mat new and I am a little disappointed with it's durability. Mine has started to split along the 90 degree over the wheel wells. Hope this helps.
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	18083   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	18084  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yes, durability is extremely poor. I've got one that went bad after less than a year, splitting along the edge of the wheel well. I'm thinking about pulling it and using a backing material and contact cement to repair it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

the other option is the one that just covers the load area
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
the other option is the one that just covers the load area
That one is twice as much as the one that covers the whole thing, but it is thicker and more durable.

(I have one).

Ron
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Exmoor makes something as well but I dont know what it looks like.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Definately thicker. One of the guys here in town is using the D90 mat under the thicker 110 mat. That combination covers the entire load area on the floor, beyond the 90 style towards the 2nd row seats, but does nothing to address the splitting over the wheel wells. Ze had one that I really liked that he picked up in Brazil. Definately thinner than the 110 mat, but good coverage.

http://gallery.mac.com/zduarte#100036/IMGP0638
http://gallery.mac.com/zduarte#100036/IMGP0637

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
That one is twice as much as the one that covers the whole thing, but it is thicker and more durable.

(I have one).

Ron
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

that is really what i want but i cant find it because i dont know the part number
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

You may want to see if Ze (Surf110) can get you pointed in the right direction.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...php?userid=677
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

He mentioned it was a really hard thing to get.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Isn't that just the urethane "chequerplate" sheet made by Wright Off Road? Do they sell that through Exmoor? Maybe if you ask nicely, Stephen Peters will bring some in. I kind of like it too, it allows you to create a nice large mat, have a decent non-skid texture, and not have to have awful aluminum all over the place.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Similar but the stuff in Surf110's truck is made by Land rover
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It does have an LR logo on it, that's for sure. If it came from Brazil, it might not even be OEM per se, might just be a locally produced accessory. Seems silly to argue about what is LR "canon" but it also seems it would be more readily available if it in fact has an LR part number.

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:00 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Hey guys. I'm out of town so limited time at The D-90 Source.

Land Rover assembled Defenders in Brazil from 98 til 2005.
Those mats were made just for the brazilian market. I found a place in Sao Paulo that sells these mats. It took me 4 months to get mine.
It has great coverage but is kind of thin. I wish it was as thick as the front mats. It has foam backing on footwells but not on the bottom. Don't know why but I'm thinking of adding foam there as well.

I'll email down there and see if they have any available and if they can get more. How many should I ask for? It costs around $300 plus shipping. Shipping could be the killer but if I order in bulk it will be cheaper.
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

thanks I am interested. There is a place in the UK that claims to have something similar but I am still playing phone tag with them. I will let everyone know if I find anything.

Follow-up Post:

anyone ever seen this http://www.kimmanparts.nl/fotos/263_1.jpg
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:12 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, you don't want that load space liner thing. Its a thin piece of crap and it has that annoying part at the front that sticks up. I guess it would be good if you were carrying lots of wet snow shoes or something, but its not something you want in your truck for very long.

Old March 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Yeah Ze's seems to be the best bet
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Talked to the company in Brazil. They're still offering the product For $300.
Who's interested on a group buy? I need to know how many to figure out shipping costs.
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I actually don't want one, I was just expressing appreciation for it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rubber