RTE Rear Links - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

RTE Rear Links

I have a new set of RTE Links I am installing along with the OME HD Springs, which give it a 2" lift. I am running 305/70/16 tires and I am trying to determine which of the three spacers I need to use on the links to properly adjust the pinion angle for this setup. I do not have a drivetrain in the vehicle now to measure, but thought that since this is a relatively common combination, someone might be able to tell me which spacer is right for me.

This is going on a NAS 110 by the way.

Thank you!
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2013, 09:01 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Do you have a DC driveshaft? It may be trial and error. DC shaft the pinion should point at the TC. Regular shaft the pinion should point parallel with the TC output.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Regular driveshaft at this point, although I may change. I was just hoping to avoid having to change them when I put the Drivetrain in. I guess I'll just choose one and see how it lines up when the time comes.
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2013, 10:59 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

OME HD you will not need a DC rear on a 110. Take a guess at what makes it level and go with it. The t-case output should be parallel to the pinion and both should be parallel to the ground.

I will say this, without the body on and fuel tank and other weight, you will have a hell of a time getting the shocks on. Fit the suspension links, then the A arm, then the springs, then, after it is weighed down, fit the shocks.
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Thanks Ron, I have the body and fuel tank on, just no engine/trans/tcase. The rear axle is out right now, A arms are back in so I just have to lower the lift down onto the axle and line up the two Links and Ball Joint. I hope it's as easy as I make it sound. haha
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

It's pretty easy..just slap some wheels on the axle and roll it under the chassis. An extra set of hands definitely helps as you need to guide both links into the chassis mounts at the same time. From there just set the truck down on the springs and use a floor jack under the pinion to rotate the axle enough to drop the shank of the upper ball joint into the axle.

As for pinion angles, you definitely want the pinion parallel with the T-Case output. The easiest way to make sure you're spot on is to use an angle finder on the face of the output flanges, then compare numbers and make adjustments as necessary. Keep in mind that it's best to take these measurements with the truck fully trimmed out and at normal ride height.
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:39 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede View Post
Thanks Ron, I have the body and fuel tank on, just no engine/trans/tcase. The rear axle is out right now, A arms are back in so I just have to lower the lift down onto the axle and line up the two Links and Ball Joint. I hope it's as easy as I make it sound. haha
That should not be bad at all. Springs last is my experience although ash has probably done more than me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions