RPI cam or Crane pro's & cons - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Peter Sherman
NAS 110
RPI cam or Crane pro's & cons

What are the pro's & con of each? I have a lifter that is driving me nuts, I thought I might replace the cam as well. Any thoughts???

Old March 4th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat
Check out www.v8engines.com, the guy has a lot more experience with the engine than most of us. You're totally correct that replacing the cam at the same time as the lifters is a good idea since usually if a lifter is shot, so is the lobe it's riding on.

He raves about Crower cams. RPI is pricey pricey from what I've seen. Either way, make sure to get the matching springs if it's a non-factory cam.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions