ROW D-90 Soft Top... Exmoor's Terrible Instructions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 30th, 2011, 07:12 PM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

ROW D-90 Soft Top... Exmoor's Terrible Instructions

I spent the weekend taking the stationwagon top off my 1984 ROW D-90 and replacing it with an exmoor trim top and hoop set, along with a tailgate. The top is the finest quality heavy canvas,,. bravo Exmoor. The finish and fit are to a very high standard. The directions are, however, for the birds. One rough diagram with zero detail for the hoop set (which includes a header rail, door surounds, etc.). Go to the Exmoor site and no more detail is available. The most dritically lacking area with regard to substandard directions is the mounting of the header rail, replete with locking spring mechanisms to release and lock the leading edge of the hood over the windscreen... The leading edge actually has a bolt rope in it like marine rigging. The header rail locking mechanisms are the only item in the whole kit that I didn't feel was adequate. I made my own spring loaded stainless release mechanisms. Anyway, my review of the top is that it is really top notch. The directions, however, get a big thumbs down. That being said, I would definitelly recommend the top... I like it better than the NAS tops out there... I have less need for a roll cage than many of the d-90 members as I do not off road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2011, 02:38 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

can you post pics of the conversion?
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:42 PM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

Soft Top Conversion

I will try to post this weekend. I love the top. Highly recommend it now that summer is here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d-90, exmoor, soft top