ROW 110 fuel tank removal & replacement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 28th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Jackie Treehorn
1985 (legitimately)
ROW 110 fuel tank removal & replacement

So, after discussing part of this in Overlanders's NAS tank thead I figured I'd just start my own thread with my own specific issues.

First of all, I'll reiterate how incredibly flawed the manufacturing design is for these tanks with the seam just waiting to absorb dirt and moisture. I'll be packing mine with either Waxoyl or grease.

Okay, so my first question (which probably has a simple answer) is if my ROW deisel has the fuel pickup on the side incorporated with the sending unit, and the new tank has a pre-cut hole with eight (or is it six I can't remembers) pre-drilled and tapped holes for what I assume is the RRC fuel pump, is the rubber plug that comes with the tank enough to block that off or should I be screwing and mechanically fastening something on top?

Otherwise, the removal went very well with no hiccups except for a stripped hose clamp on the filler neck and of course a mangled retaining ring on the pickup. Surprised there weren't any issues with the mounting bolts, but all four came off without issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	117076  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, ac, fuel tank, fuel