Rovertym springs - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:43 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I gave up my truck for a personal reason to be honest!
Wait... I've been out of it for a while...

You sold your truck ? What happened ?

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2005, 09:01 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I sold my D90, and then bought Tom Peacock's D90. It's all David's fault
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:05 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Just had to have a white one didn't ya Yousef!

PS Dave- stay away from coilovers on the front if you do lots of steep ledges.

Tis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2005, 01:25 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
Just had to have a white one didn't ya Yousef!

PS Dave- stay away from coilovers on the front if you do lots of steep ledges.

Tis
What is this nonsense? But seriously, thats not right.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:29 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

I've got no personal experience with coilovers, so take that comment for what it's worth. The reason I feel that way is, after wheeling with Brendon L who has one of the most capable D90s I've seen and coilovers all around; it does extremely well in some situations and not so in others. In Las Cruces, where the ledges are tall and steep especially for a short wheelbase rig, the front end of his rig would unweight considerably more compared to the coil sprung D90s on the same obstacle. He is a brilliant driver and still managed to make everything look easy, but the characteristics were evident none the less. No spring or setup is perfect for every situation and you could alleviate this with a limit strap or winch rope hooked to the front axle.

Tis
Old October 1st, 2005, 08:00 PM
redrover

Hey yousef , I lost the rear ring and pinion yesterday. But thanks to walmart I not only got a new diff but a new truck.
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:45 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
I've got no personal experience with coilovers, so take that comment for what it's worth. The reason I feel that way is, after wheeling with Brendon L who has one of the most capable D90s I've seen and coilovers all around; it does extremely well in some situations and not so in others. In Las Cruces, where the ledges are tall and steep especially for a short wheelbase rig, the front end of his rig would unweight considerably more compared to the coil sprung D90s on the same obstacle. He is a brilliant driver and still managed to make everything look easy, but the characteristics were evident none the less. No spring or setup is perfect for every situation and you could alleviate this with a limit strap or winch rope hooked to the front axle.

Tis
Hope your doing well Tiz,

I understand. People need to keep in mind that Coilovers are.....a shock and a spring. If they are mounted incorrectly, spring rates are incorrect, or the shock is not set correctly, you get troubles some times. What your seeing most likely is simply more travel, accessed easier. Front end rebounds. It can be dealt with like you said, or some comp guys over charge the shock. Carry on...

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I installed the new suspension this week, I ended up with the Rovertym RR4-3 in the front and the RR3-3 in the rear (thanks again Nigel). It is a true 3" lift, that sucker is tall. I now measure 23.25"-23.5" from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare. There is a lot of space in there, probably going to have to get 35's . With my front DC shaft and stock rear shaft, I had no vibration at all . I will have to correct for castor and pinion. I spoke with Steve at Rovertym and I probably could have just gotten away with drilled swivel balls, I opted to do the arms also. I like the new springs a lot. The truck sits very level, and has a very smooth/solid ride (I also have the rubber isolators from EE).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new lift.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	4142  
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
truck looks great Dave. I told you it would ride great. that is the same setup I have but I have the 3-link in the front. THe 35's fit perfectly with no problems on 15x8 rims
Old October 23rd, 2005, 04:52 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Man Sheki, that looks great! I love it! Good work
Old October 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
excanuk
Nigel Rigby
94 D90

Lookin good Dave. You need to get 35's so I can take the 33's off your hands.

Nigel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions