Roversnorth Soft Top Install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2005, 04:13 PM
mathman
Kevin Matheny
94 D90 ST

Roversnorth Soft Top Install

Bought my new top and after completing the install the front plastic spline over the windshield keeps popping off. Has anyone else bought this top and had the same problem or am I missing something on the installation process.

Tyler told me to fold the flap over one more time like the Badger 2 top so I am going to try that tonight.

Thanks
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

I didn't have that problem. The only problem I had with the Roversnorth top was the initial fitting. Stretching the canvas was a nightmare. Once I had it on I left it on for a couple of weeks. Subsequent installs have been easy.
Old October 13th, 2005, 04:31 PM
mathman
Kevin Matheny
94 D90 ST

Mine stretched on really easy and there was a little room to spare in some areas. Also the metal spline that fit next to the drivers door didn't fit either, too wide and to long by about 1.5 inches.

If Tylers suggestion doesn't work I am going to send it back and go with the badger top, I was just try to save another 1K, plus i don't really care for the door top kit that you have to buy with the Badger2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Now that you mention it I did have to grind the metal stiffeners a little to narrow them down. I left the extra length as I was under the impression that the length was meant to snug up against the horizontal bar as in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RN Top Inside.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	4081  
Old October 13th, 2005, 05:13 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

It's actually quite simple

Kevin,

The top that we make for Rovers North is the same pattern as the Badger I. The difference is the door seal system on the Rovers North top is a piece of canvas folded and sewn with foam in it. The problem you are having is probably from not folding the plastic strip under and into the channel. It does not slide in same way as the Bestop plastic strip. If you still have a problem with this you can call me at the shop (508-394-2680). Yes, the aluminum stiffener is suppose to rest on the outside edge of the horizontal bar. We have noticed the tight pocket as well and are addressing the issue.

Sew on and sew on
Old October 13th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Hi Chris, Just wanted to let you know I love my Badger II!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
soft top