Rover shop in north shore Chicago area - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Defenderdat
David
1997/Defender 90

Registry
Rover shop in north shore Chicago area

Guys,
I'm trying to help a friend with a disco. They have been over spending at a dealer not to mention trying to keep a rover alive that should be traded, buts that's a different discussion.
Can you recommend a good shop north Chicago area, they are actually in Kenosha, WI. The truck needs a rebuilt engine which is probably the next thing I'll be looking for to ship them.
Thanks in advance, David.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2014, 01:56 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

How much money does your buddy have???
There's the Euro Shop in Lake Villa. My only experience with them is when my brake light switch went out when I was VERY new to my truck. I think the total out the door to replace it was almost $200!!!! That was the only time I've ever had someone else work on my truck. The guy there, Glenn, is very nice and I guess does good work but IDK at what cost.
Here's their info.
http://www.theeuroshopinc.com/

There's also Midwest Motors in Lake Zurich. A bit further drive but the mechanic there, George, is good.
http://www.midwestmotorsinc.com/

've done head gaskets but never an engine swap. I do have an engine hoist he could borrow and would be willing to lend a hand.
It's not a black or dark D2 with roof rack, ladder, and steel wheels is it????
Old February 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Short of the dealers, I don't know any Rover Specific guys around other than the EuroShop, which is supposed to be really good. The Owner/Head Mechanic there was a LR Master Tech at Knauz LR Lake Bluff for many many years before leaving to start his own place.

He used to be called something else with Rover in the name until JLRNA went after him a few years ago from what I know. One of our other sales guys used to work with him at Knauz before he too left and ended up here with us.
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2014, 03:11 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede View Post
Short of the dealers, I don't know any Rover Specific guys around other than the EuroShop, which is supposed to be really good. The Owner/Head Mechanic there was a LR Master Tech at Knauz LR Lake Bluff for many many years before leaving to start his own place.

He used to be called something else with Rover in the name until JLRNA went after him a few years ago from what I know. One of our other sales guys used to work with him at Knauz before he too left and ended up here with us.

It used to be The Rover Shop until "Big Land Rover" got after them.

George at Midwest Motors has loads of Rover experience as well.

I've never used either of them though for any "real" work. I'm too cheap and I like knowing how to fix my truck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions