Rough Road Sensor?? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil
From the D90-Source FAQ:

So if the sensor stops working it causes the light to illuminate. VERY common issue with these vehicles, don't worry about it. In reality, unless the check engine light is flashing I wouldn't pay much attention to it.
If you are worried about it, just stop by AutoZone and pull the codes to make sure it isn't anything serious.
Oh holy shit, they flash too!?!

That'll happen next week now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

In CA and car flunked test with this fault code today. Emissions are of course under 1/10 allowable limits. So again, our lovely goverment agencies waste time, fuel and money with an incomplete program. Actually creating more pollution in this case. Heh.

Is there any other way to clear codes than getting one of the OBD computers?
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:39 AM
BarryO
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicks
Is there any other way to clear codes than getting one of the OBD computers?
Just buy a OBDII reader. They're like $50 at Harbor Freight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Sounds advice. $50, error cleared, smog done.
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I am curious if any of you 97 owners have ever tried pulling all the sensors away from the tone ring enough so that the ECU doesn't get a signal from the sensors other than they are all the same (null)
It shouldn't (the way I understand it) effect the engine and it's performance and in theory you would never see the code again..
That said what is my motive? If these sensors are out of the picture (as they should be anyway) Longtracks CV's should work in a 97 without throwing a code.. (we don't offer ABS tone rings)

Thanks
Keith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Cholla
Jack Copass
97 D-90 SW

Rough Road Sensor Fault Resolution

Trevor, setting the front or rear sensors back or removing, will cause a fault code as before, as either intermittent or no signal will be sent to misfire detection computer, and on to the main ECU. In my numerous attempts to resolve this, the first thing I learned to check was to see if any of these sensors had backed out slightly, and if so, tapping it in gently so the signal can be read off the reluctor ring. This fault, however annoying, causes no operational problem. Land Rover dealer techs (that I have dealt with) have never come up with a solution. It would be great if this sensor system could be made inoperative, as it was designed for ABS, which the 97 Defender doesn't have anyway. I would just clear the code with an OBDII reader for your periodic smog inspection. In my case, just cleaning the front and rear sensors, and relubing stopped the code from appearing. I wasted a lot of $$$ at Land Rover dealer! Hope this helps...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
sensor