Defender Source Forum banner

rotors

864 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  thewap 
#1 ·
isnt it reccomended not to turn rover brake rotors?

#5 ·
rover4x4 said:
put them on a brake lathe and "turn"
That's what I though but wasn't sure.

are those DBA rotors worth the money?
At first I thought so because I've got those heavy XZLs & to be honest I did notice a slight difference. But I'm beginning to hate them because they squeal like a stuck pig. I hate the sound so much I turn up the music as much as possible just to mute the squeal. I've been told that OEM pads should be ok with but I think that’s a crock. I'm trying to find some better Kevlar pads but haven't been too successful. I’m going to end up having to pay more to have them resurfaced because they’re probably glazed by now & then buying another set of pads. Dave Marchand had this problem too, but I don’t know what he did to resolve the issue.

#6 ·
thanks. I was thinking about them but I have heard that and I am satisfied with the stock brakes. I am going to add some stainless brake lines when I get new supension. I wasnt anticipating having to have the bearings worked on and all this brake non sense but I gotta do it. What are the reccomendations for brakes? I was just going to order the "kit" from DAP. I think its lookhead or something.. thanks for your help

#7 ·
I'm not sure about the DBA since I am running stock brakes and rotors, but I've got to tell you that when I switched out to SS brake lines I noticed much imporved braking. I know that it wasn't attributed to bleeding the system as I had done that a few times with the stock brake lines. I had been thinking about going with the DBA rotors, but am so much happier now that I am sticking wiht the stock rotors. Just my $0.02.

#9 ·
DBA's I don't have the squeal problem yet. It helps if your calipers are in good shape with clean float for the pads.
It's also important to set the pads in ie: after install, drive up to 50mpg and brake hard to a stop. Repeat 5 or six times.
I also used a decent amount of brake grease on the rears of the pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.