Ron Davis Radiators - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
None :(
Ron Davis Radiators

Read a few older threads about how someone had one custom made for their D90, but then sold it before installing. Anyone have/had one that they had in their truck? If so, please share your opinions.

I realize it is more expensive than recoring, just exploring all options.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Chris Hinkle
More than I need
I've had two made and the yellow 110 has one in it now. I did not have an electric fan and shroud made for it, I use the use the stock shroud and fan for my 4.6. So basically it is a direct replacement. Personally, I love it - although cost is an issue.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Gustaf Kupetz
NAS110, HCPU, Disco, Toylander
rad re-core

I converted to a 4.6 in the D-90, ran 4:10 gears this 33 inch tires. end result was it liked to run hot on the highway at anything about 3k on the tach.

Added a 4 row re-core and its rock solid at any speeds or outside temps.

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI
As I am installing a full width fmic and Kenlowe fan conversion I am also considering a new full width all alloy radiator preferably stacked plate but I realize that could get expensive so a tubed fully dipped full alloy seems to make the most sense. I would like to mount the fan sensor in the rad bottom tank etc, but ideally I would like enough capacity that on my 200TDI the fan is more of a decoration up to a least 40C ambient.

Anyone had something like this made? Cost? Recomentations?

I galvanized and paints the rad frame and the chassis is just approaching "rolling" so no big deal to send that and the old rad somewhere to get it done. I strongly doubt I have somewhere locally that could do it.
-- - Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly - Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts! - Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions