Roll Cage Seals - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Roll Cage Seals

I should get my external roll cage back from powder coating pretty soon. While I cannot get myself to part with $8.72 per bolt (p/n ALR4444) from RN, I am questioning the seals for the external roll cage. I dont recall these seals being much more than a ring of closed cell foam of some sort when I removed them, very much unlike the rubber pads that I had on my 90. I have been told that the pads for the 90 willl not work on the 110. Can someone confirm what the roll cage seals on the 110 actually look like as I am not 100% that what I took off was original? Along these lines is there a better than factory option for keeping water out and hopefully doing a better job of protecting the surface of my tub from the rollcage?

Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Matt, what did the powder coat run you (in case I want to go black in the near future?). I could use the benchmark.
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Local joint here quoted me $225 to strip/burn, blast and powder coat the entire cage & ladder. The only thing I did not have done was the roof basket. I went with a flat black, basically told them to match the ladder. The blasting was for all of the areas where I had some surface rust starting. Mostly at some of the welds and around the bolt holes. I will post some pics when I get the final product back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cage, seals