Roll Cage Add Ons - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Roll Cage Add Ons

I am building a roll cage before the spring wheel really starts up and I have ditched the internal cage idea due to I really like as much space inside the truck as I can and the stereo sounds much better in a hard top. Since I never had a NAS cage on this truck, I am going to attach the cage to the reinforced sliders (front and rear) and at the back of the truck on the rear sliders/bumperettes that I built a few years ago. The cage will look very similar to the attached photo--I will also post the truck as currently set up.

What I would really like to know is if any of you have recommendations of accessories to add onto the cage that might be really handy. I am currently running a rack on the truck--I am seriously considering incorporating a floor onto the rollcage with maybe a 1" square tube perimeter with tie downs on the rear part of the rack from where the roof stops to angle and back (if that makes sense). Or I might just put my current rack on top of the roll cage...

Anyways, I will probably bend it up in March if things go well. All ideas are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ext cage.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	12372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7133.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	12373  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Are you thinking something like my cage used to look?

If you want, I'll sell it to you. Huge discount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010167.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	12374   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010166.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	12375  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:15 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Is it possible to tie the b hoop into the existing bar that goes where the bulkhead behind the seats would be?
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Yeah, Buck, something like that. I will PM you.

Ron, I will look into that--possibly by bracing from underneath--not a huge fan of going through the roof/body but I could consider that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cage