rockware bumper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 26th, 2010, 09:04 PM
matansas
jon lyons
97 AA Convertible

rockware bumper

ups just dropped off. o my god pearing through the package looks perfect. Thanks Matt its everything i hoped it would be. Mounting saturday will post comments once on. Again thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Did a rockware winch bumper come up for sale or something?
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:21 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
He is probably referring to Matt from Rockware...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2010, 02:08 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Would love to hear more about it including some pics if you can. I've been tossing around getting a new bumper myself.
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Is it possible that something happened on this board without your knowledge? You are the stalker of all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Did a rockware winch bumper come up for sale or something?
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

My Rockware is a serious piece of artistry. BTW the tab on the underneath of the bumper is a bottle opener. I had no idea until Tony Brooks told me like 2 years after I bought it.
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Yeah those bottle openers are very convenient when you are drunk and passed out under your truck. Otherwise they are a bit low and hard to reach. There are other more convenient ones built in by the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcampbel@nas.edu View Post
My Rockware is a serious piece of artistry. BTW the tab on the underneath of the bumper is a bottle opener. I had no idea until Tony Brooks told me like 2 years after I bought it.
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Is it possible that something happened on this board without your knowledge? You are the stalker of all of us.

HAHA. NO.

A RockWare Winch bumper coming up for sale is something I'd hope I wouldn't miss though! I'd get rid of my ARB (although of course very functional as well) for one.
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

Josh-

The ARB has a terrible approach angle. My truck came with one, and I sold it for $450, and then bought the Rockware for like $650, so really it only cost around $200. Here's a picture of what mine looked like with a blade type bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3163.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	28024  
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:22 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Yeah those bottle openers are very convenient when you are drunk and passed out under your truck. Otherwise they are a bit low and hard to reach. There are other more convenient ones built in by the factory.
Well Tony is a bit low, so it is easier for him to reach. I just handed him my beers to open.
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Dave, two ways to solve this. taller lift and tires. Or drink more beer. You'll learn to find the opener without fumbling around for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcampbel@nas.edu View Post
Since I don't have a Rockware bumper, I bought myself a baseball cap with a bottle opener built right into the lid . Makes me feel more MacGyver like.
http://www.margaritavilleretail.com/...2nmfrvh17udlu1

Only $20 bucks and its one size fits all!

Josh - you better watch out, because I'm lurking for a used Rockware myself!
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
matansas
jon lyons
97 AA Convertible

story continued

so i have been driving only enough to get in trouble. Twice in the last two years i have needed a winch and had to settle with shovels and tree branches. Last time took a closed road, slid down a hill and ended up in a creek, thanks to the Knox Trail Snowmobile guys we were able to muscle my LR 3 back up to the road.
So when I got my D 90 this year a winch was mandatory for my poor driving ability. At my age spending the night in the woods in below zero temperature is not an option.
So doing research came up with Rox or Rockware. Both are strong possibilities and should be considered. Arb was to heavy and massive for my taste.
Remember besides clearances weight is an issue for suspension and general efficiency.
So had Matt built one for me with four light tabs and limb raisers. Had it powder coated in Co and shipped to NY.
Haven't checked the bottle opener yet, glad to here your not all popping tops.
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Josh

I hate to tell you this but all the really good deals occur back channel. The stuff that makes it to this board is just the crumbs cast aside by the ever circling/lurking sharks/vultures/ninjas/groupers/anglers/good-ol'-boys, etc. Though you might be a good candidate to join those ranks with your Rain Man-like ability to recall the particulars of various threads and projects. BTW are you on any other forums besides D-90? It would be useful to have someone documenting the tasty items that pop up for the grabbing on Disco Web, LR's Only, etc. Sure would save us a bunch of web surfing and having to wade through weeks of Internet bun fights and flame wars just to find that one elusive NOS buggy bumper stand-off or fetzer valve mounting bolt. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
HAHA. NO.

A RockWare Winch bumper coming up for sale is something I'd hope I wouldn't miss though! I'd get rid of my ARB (although of course very functional as well) for one.
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by matansas View Post
so i have been driving only enough to get in trouble. Twice in the last two years i have needed a winch and had to settle with shovels and tree branches. Last time took a closed road, slid down a hill and ended up in a creek, thanks to the Knox Trail Snowmobile guys we were able to muscle my LR 3 back up to the road.
So when I got my D 90 this year a winch was mandatory for my poor driving ability. At my age spending the night in the woods in below zero temperature is not an option.
So doing research came up with Rox or Rockware. Both are strong possibilities and should be considered. Arb was to heavy and massive for my taste.
Remember besides clearances weight is an issue for suspension and general efficiency.
So had Matt built one for me with four light tabs and limb raisers. Had it powder coated in Co and shipped to NY.
Haven't checked the bottle opener yet, glad to here your not all popping tops.
The ARB is massive in size (some have humorously compared it to a snowplow), but believe it or not, it is lighter than the rockware.
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Josh

I hate to tell you this but all the really good deals occur back channel. The stuff that makes it to this board is just the crumbs cast aside by the ever circling/lurking sharks/vultures/ninjas/groupers/anglers/good-ol'-boys, etc. Though you might be a good candidate to join those ranks with your Rain Man-like ability to recall the particulars of various threads and projects. BTW are you on any other forums besides D-90? It would be useful to have someone documenting the tasty items that pop up for the grabbing on Disco Web, LR's Only, etc. Sure would save us a bunch of web surfing and having to wade through weeks of Internet bun fights and flame wars just to find that one elusive NOS buggy bumper stand-off or fetzer valve mounting bolt. Thanks in advance.

I for one am a NAS rear bumper richer ($130) for his Craigslist surfing.....thanks Josh.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old May 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
BTW are you on any other forums besides D-90? It would be useful to have someone documenting the tasty items that pop up for the grabbing on Disco Web, LR's Only, etc. Sure would save us a bunch of web surfing and having to wade through weeks of Internet bun fights and flame wars just to find that one elusive NOS buggy bumper stand-off or fetzer valve mounting bolt. Thanks in advance.
Oh I love this idea. Let's call it Rigg (like Digg). Josh can fill us all in on the scoop from all the rover forums. Good call Dave!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper, rockware bumper