Rock Sliderzzzz.... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
mattwhite
Matt White
94 D-90

Nicholas,

I meet you at the one of the FLRC events, as far as Tally, I go to school there so I really won't be back till the fall, I had my rover up there all last school year but it pretty much broke every weekend so I never had much time for wheeling. So next time I'm up there I'll shoot you an email, I'ld like to explore the forest more up there and maybe set up an FLRC event.

Later
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:58 PM
redrover

other options

Another option is a slider made by dave lucas of slickrock fabrications in Colo. His mounting tech. reduces the chance of the slider rotating upwards into your soft body panels. His slider is similar to burke's slider as far as the forward mounting points. I have a modified Sg slider that rotated when i droped down hard on a ledge. I have since welded more metal similar to the sliders mentioned above. I think dave powder coats. Slide On - JP
p.s. I did see some photos of his work in some forum-search
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:00 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Chris,
Yeah, sorry about that. I read faster when the text isn't so spread out, so it bleeds into my writing. I'll work on that if it's a problem...

Matt,
Now it's coming back to me... You had the nice ST with the rack... aha... That was one of the best times I ever had in the truck, I don't get to too many rally's ... just short trips on Saturday. Just started a side business and it's keeping (orrosnetworks dot com , the website isn't completed yet but it's 'live') me pretty busy, along with my regular job. Anyway, definitely give a ring. OH, and did you meet any other Land Rover owners that actually wheeled while you were here at FSU ? They're few and far between up here.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2004, 03:07 AM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

any body have a couple of good pics of the burke sliders? thanks i would like to see what the look like stiking out.thanks
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:11 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Here's the only picture I could find in my library that was a good shot of the offset of the Burke sliders. They leave about a 3/4" gap between the door sill and the slider step. The go out as far as the fender flares, but look like they were stock.

They also have some close up shots here: http://www.bb4wa.com/products/sliders.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_0313 (Small).JPG
Views:	153
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	732  
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hey man, check out this thread on the old school board

http://www.defendersource.com/discus...s/16/1508.html

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:57 AM
bugula
Keith DuFresne
'94 AA Yellow 90

if it matters at this point, i second the mantec suggestion. i just received mine a few weeks ago and can attest to the fact that installation's a breeze (even though i've only test fitted them at this point -- will get them on for good in a coupla weeks). they just slide right on (well, after a bit of coaxing) and you're required to drill only one hole per slider.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:08 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Since someone else spilled the beans, it was Dave's I was talking about. I really liked the extra mounting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover
Another option is a slider made by dave lucas of slickrock fabrications in Colo. His mounting tech. reduces the chance of the slider rotating upwards into your soft body panels. His slider is similar to burke's slider as far as the forward mounting points. I have a modified Sg slider that rotated when i droped down hard on a ledge. I have since welded more metal similar to the sliders mentioned above. I think dave powder coats. Slide On - JP
p.s. I did see some photos of his work in some forum-search

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:11 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I hear all the suggestions, and I think the 'lip' that's on the Bill Burke one's is going to be worth the extra price & wait ... Plus my other half needs something to step on when she gets in.
The one I'm curious about is the SlickRock Fabrications/Steve Lucas guy's... (maybe he'll chime in...)
I'll send him a PM and see if he's got any pictures ... I do want them powder coated, and if his look like Bill's AND are powder coated then I may go that route.

Oh, I contacted ECR and they wanted $650 total, and Andrew Krna was right, they have to be installed 'in house' ... A little far for me... They must be bulletproof for that price.

my search continues...

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:30 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

I have ECR rock sliders and they are bullet proof. They are a very nice product....as you would expect. While on topic does anyone know where to get good sliders for a 110?
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Jeromy these guys make them in shop for the 110 http://www.bwoverland.com/design_main.php there cool guys and I have seen the ones in the pic and they are pretty strong looking. Jesse Ware is also a D-90 member I think his user name is Maine 110. I'd give him a try.
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

hehe.. Jesse better check the link for "Research it". Goes to JohnnyRotten.com. LOL

Also either Southdown or Mantec in the UK make a 110 slider.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Chris thanks for the catch on the "johny rotten.com". LOL one of those loose ends/jokes that my web guy was playing on me b4 launching the site...

Yes we do make sliders, mostly on a per order basis. My 110 sliders are not a complete bolt on as I added in an extra outrigger and rebuilt the stock outrigger. We can make them bolt on. Email me if you are interested.

Jesse
jp@bwoverland.com

Recovering NAS 110 Owner.

There is a thin line beyond which you really can't fake...
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Doug_Paoletti
Douglas P. Paoletti
'94 D90

I just saw this thread and I couldn't help but chime in. I recently purchased some BB sliders for the D and they are one of the most high quality "add-ons" I have seen to date. Design and fit are about perfect and they seem indestructable. As to the timing, Bill had told me a month or so before he could start making them but they showed up at my door in 3 weeks. I say go with the BB sliders, hands down.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:00 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

norros, dave lucas was making sliders(slick rock). they are very close to the burkes . they stick out about 3 inches and work well as a step.
I have them on my truck and am happy with them. I havent come down hard on any rocks yet but they are plenty sturdy and easy to install, just bolt on.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:24 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Ron,

Sounds good in theory, and I'm sure they're pretty nice ... fact is, I can't seem to be able to reach this gentleman, no phone # on the website and he doesn't return emails.

Nicholas Orros

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Ron,

So...how much were they?

A neat tweak to any slider: use a grinder to scrape several 45 degree swipes on the top outer edge. Offers great grip when you're climbing on.
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:26 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Art,

To chime in... Bill Burke Sliders run $400 PLUS shipping depending where you are on the map. To the east coast the shipping is $110, pretty high but what's a couple of extra dollars right ?

And I did get a hold of Dave Lucas, very busy guy, very nice guy too, he took the time over a few emails and explained in great detail his products and ship dates. He's currently working on some products for the Disco and won't have the sliders ready for a while, but they look great, especially with the tube bar he has on there. I think I'm going to hold off because his are powder coated and with the tube bar on there they look a lot like the ScorpionRacing one's... I'm in no hurry for them, so I'll just chill.

He may have a couple of extra stainless steel tank guards as well, after the 'group buy' so I may get one of those if he's got 'em. I got first dibs on the extras! haha...

So, that will give me some extra spending cash for the mighty D! Oh yeah, getting new GOODYEAR MTR's on FRIDAY !!

Nicholas

Old May 26th, 2004, 08:27 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Art,

Duh.. sorry about that, I thought you were referring to Bill's sliders.
Dave says his will be about the same price but cannot commit to a price now because he's busy working on other things... I am interested to know what Ron paid though.

My apologies again...

Nicholas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
slide