Road Trip Necessities -- Bringing the D90 Home - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE
I picked mine up from upstate NY and drove it back to south FL. I would say that possibly I'm immune to lots of the noise, but I didn't have any issues other than a bad track rod end and wonky drop arm. None of which made it undriveable. Based on my experience before I converted to the 300tdi I would say carry oil cooler lines and a fire extinguisher. Lord knows you don't need to have a fire you can't put out on the road.

Have fun driving it back as you'll remember the ride forever even if you don't have any issues.

Old April 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
david summers
99 Discovery II
Damn, I'm glad I didn't ask before I picked mine up! Bought it in Virgina and drove it to Fort Worth, TX. I think I brought a few tools, cell phone and credit card. And I had AAA. Happen to have a very hot chick too. No duct tape required!

Old April 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008
Picked mine up from Greenville, SC. Stopped at the first gas station and bought a small socket and screwdriver set, a gas can and a multipack of fuses. Drove it the 2,000 miles home to Arizona in 2-1/2 days. Only problem was pulling the Dash Bezel out to reconnect some of the Gauge Bulbs first time it got dark.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110
Reminds me of my drive from Hyannis, MA to Arizona in my 95 SW--just bringing back to AZ for some much needed rehab. Had all kinds of spares, tools, Fluke Multimeter, etc. Hitting Holbrook, AZ at midnight for my last stop -- lost all dash lights had to use a flashlight to read the gauges the final 150 miles. Never did find root cause, hit the dash with my fist the next day and they have worked ever since.

Bring that essentail tool -- brass knuckles or a good hammer.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Green Blood
Carl Phillips
1988 90- Swiss LHD 2.5 Petrol
I don't think Jeff will have to worry if the dash lights go out since they're so dim when working you can barely see them anyway.

Whoops- hope I didn't just ruin my sale (Though I've heard they're all pretty much this way.)

Proud restorer and former owner of '94 NAS D90 #590- back in the hands of its original owners.

And now happy owner of a 1988 Swiss-Market D90 Station Wagon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, d90, trip