Road Speed Sensor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Road Speed Sensor

Check engine light went on a few days ago. Checked the code 68 which came up as road speed sensor. Searched here and found what the code meant and what ppl did to correct it. But... where do I find the sensor to see if it need to have the connector cleaned or replace the whole sensor?
Anything else I should be looking for?????
Thanks
Clarence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

It's underneath the truck, on top of the transmission crossmember, drivers side. Just follow the speedometer cable down, it's easy to feel it but difficult to see with your eyes.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Thanks! I will look for it. I will also be disconnecting the battery to see if the error comes back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
sensor