Ride Height Measurement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:47 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ride Height Measurement

Can anyone running 315/75s on a 90 or 110 measure from the ground to the bottom edge of the wheel flares or to base of the sills? I am trying to determine what height lift I currently have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Wouldn't it make more sense to measure the hub center to wheel arch lip? Are you measuring suspension lift or overall lift including that provided by the larger tires? If so, at what pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Can anyone running 315/75s on a 90 or 110 measure from the ground to the bottom edge of the wheel flares or to base of the sills? I am trying to determine what height lift I currently have.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I just need a measurement, I don't care where it starts or stops. I am trying to determine a baseline on my current lift, so I would need to know what size lift the truck being measured has. Normal TP, 35ish psi is fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

I measured to the bottom of the wheel flare and I have 37 3/4" in the front and 38" on the rear. That is with OME heavy front and medium rear and like 32ish PSI.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Interesting. I measure 37.25 front and rear with unknown springs. Sounds like I am likely about a 2" lift or so. Just wanted to get a baseline before I "spring" for a 5" lift.

Thanks!

Semper Fi!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

I've always thought my truck looked lower than every other truck with identical springs. Not sure if I have more weight or what.

That said, the suspension gives me lots of travel. So even though I don't have the appearance of a 2 inch lift, when the wheels need to go up and down, I get plenty of travel.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:43 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I will measure mine later for ya..
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Interesting. I measure 37.25 front and rear with unknown springs. Sounds like I am likely about a 2" lift or so. Just wanted to get a baseline before I "spring" for a 5" lift.

Thanks!
Not that I want this to turn into a suspension thread, but if you put a 5in lift on a defender your anti-squat would be so rediculously high that I doubt it would wheel worth a crap. I know you like to wheel so I thought I would throw that out there. I'm no help on your measurements.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht