Rhino Lining - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Rhino Lining

Has anyone out there rhino lined their vehicle? I am interested in rhino lining the rear cargo area and was wondering how it holds up..how easy it is to maintain...and how it looks. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm considering doing just the seatbox. I dont like the indiscriminate nature of a lot of applications, but I want to do it as a replacement for the crummy vinyl which is falling apart.

I went to the local RL place and it appears that some dealers offer far more services than others. This place is only interested in doing about 5 colors, whereas the website claims they can do color matching and stuff. It doesnt matter, because black suits me fine.

I looked at some of their work and it looks good, kind of a semi-gloss heavy-texture surface and they can spray it as thick or as thin as you want.

Thats all I know.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2959

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

My brother opted to use similar on his J**p. Looks and works out good. He checked several sources for coatings and advised that Line-X is supposed to be better. I have heard that if you use colors they will fade if un UV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:24 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I welded up some sliders for the rig about a month ago and had them Line-Xed. Very tough stuff! The guy at the Line-X place said that after 24 hours the only way to get the stuff off is with a grinder. If I was going to coat the inside, Line-X would be my choice.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Hey . . .I wonder how it would look to Line-X the door sills (where the pan shows) I have been trying to decide what to do there as I dont really like the look even though it is "original"

Antone ever coat that area?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sills.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1820  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:54 PM
discocolo
Jeff Pearson

Sorry to get off the subject guys, but Larry did you put the carpet in your truck? Just curious. If you did, where did you get it from. If not does anyone know the best way to carpet one that doesn't have carpet?

Jeff
Old November 4th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Kimos
Larry O'Hara
1997 Defender Wagon

Got from Rovers North They can get all sections. Ask for Arthur he will make you good price on ordering sections all at one.

New carpet seems to be a bit nicer than the original and color is same.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions