Defender Source Forum banner

RHD to LHD conversion

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TDI Guy 
#1 ·
My brother has an '80's vintage 110 thats RHD and his wife hates the RHD. Is there anyone who can do a conversion to LHD either in Florida or New England? Thanks!

#2 ·
I have experience with this. You have to start out with a new steering knuckle, lhd steering box and brackets and power steering hoses for the new location. IT is not a big deal. The problem is the interior. THe entire dash is different. The steering colomn, and all the controls are the same and so are the guages and wiring.

Oh, and all new heating system will be needed along with the dash.

The best way to do this is buy a new LHD bulkhead and switch everything from the RHD one to the LHD one then bolt it in.

#3 ·
Land Rover World in Florida has done hundreds of these. I don't know his phone anymore but it should be easy to find on the web.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info! I knew it could be done, because I have heard of LHD to RHD swaps done in the UK. I'll check Land Rover World..........if they are the ones in or near Orlando, they're the ones I've been racking my brain trying to remember their name.

#5 ·
Huh,

I just searched for it but I can't find it. I was sure it was www.landroverworldflorida.com But that no longer exists. I wonder if he went under?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.