RHD Meridian Rebuild - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
kzack
Keith Zack
none

RHD Meridian Rebuild

This is mainly meant as an fyi ...

I needed to rebuild or replace my RHD power steering box, but wasn't sure which option to choose (rebuild myself, ship one from the UK, buy a used one, etc). I'd heard good things from meridian, but they didn't have RHD steering boxes for my 90. Though when I was talking with them, they were very nice and seemed to want to help. They offered for me to send them my box, they would check it and quote a complete rebuild.

What I did was buy a used leaky box from a fellow board member and had it drop shipped to Meridian. That way I was able to keep mine in the car while it was being rebuilt. Meridian called me a few days later and quoted me $300 for a full rebuild (though I never asked what all that included) including return shipping and a one year warranty. I gave the okay and a few days after that, I had a nice clean steering box. Putting it in was straight forward. I've had it installed now for a few months with no leaks and good operation.

Should anyone need a used one to buy and send to meridian as I did, I have one available ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 362.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	40825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 363.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	40826  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 364.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	40827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 365.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	40828  

Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

I have heard of guys sending there to a place in California as well I believe.
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
323jamie
jamie
83 D110 RHD 300tdi Disco conversion

Registry
Looking at the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Rosproline157
Matt Oaks
1992 Defender 90

Registry
Status update? I have the exact same problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzack View Post
This is mainly meant as an fyi ...

I needed to rebuild or replace my RHD power steering box, but wasn't sure which option to choose (rebuild myself, ship one from the UK, buy a used one, etc). I'd heard good things from meridian, but they didn't have RHD steering boxes for my 90. Though when I was talking with them, they were very nice and seemed to want to help. They offered for me to send them my box, they would check it and quote a complete rebuild.

What I did was buy a used leaky box from a fellow board member and had it drop shipped to Meridian. That way I was able to keep mine in the car while it was being rebuilt. Meridian called me a few days later and quoted me $300 for a full rebuild (though I never asked what all that included) including return shipping and a one year warranty. I gave the okay and a few days after that, I had a nice clean steering box. Putting it in was straight forward. I've had it installed now for a few months with no leaks and good operation.

Should anyone need a used one to buy and send to meridian as I did, I have one available ;-)
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:05 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Meridian is the place to go. They replace the bushing on the shaft with a bearing which seems to fix the main problem these things have.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rebuild, rhd