RHD 110SW Fuel & Brake line routing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 30th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Eric Wages
1988 D110 2.5TD
RHD 110SW Fuel & Brake line routing

Hi folks,

I'm about to sit down to start working on the fuel and brake lines on my chassis-up rebuild. I've got a bunch of tubing for the fuel, and already pre-cut and flared brake lines but realize that I lack pictures (and a good memory) of how all of the lines were run from back to front. I *think* that they were all on top of the driver's side chassis rail, but would greatly welcome photos if people have any.

And one question in particular - do the fuel and brake lines sit flush atop the station wagon crossmember, or go underneath and around the mounting brackets? I believe it does, and I'm thinking that my SW crossmember was bolted on backwards by Richards before shipping.

Old July 30th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
From What I have seen the fuel line runs on the top and the brake line runs on the top but tucks down onto the inside around the back of the seatbox. The brake line does a jaunt around the tub bracket and goes to a union where it uses a flex line to the axle.
Land Rover 110

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, brake, fuel, rhd