Reverse problems - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 25th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Tom More
1995 D90
Reverse problems

While backing up my D-90 it feels sort of like the e-brake is engage but when I start to pull forward it feels fine. When rolling backwards with the clutch pushed in it also feels fine, it only seems to bind/drag when in gear with clutch engaged under power.

Thanks Tom

Old October 25th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Hi Tom,

My '94 Disco was making a funky noise while backing recently too.

I took off the rear driveshaft , put everything in neutral and spun the e-brake drum frontwards and backwards ... guess what? It only made the goofy binding noise spinning backwards.

You can either back off the adjuster until the noise goes away - at which point you have no parking brake, or replace the brake shoes, turn the drum/have it turned back to round, and clean up the adjuster bits.

My noise magically dissapeared and the park brake is actually back to a three click unit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions