Reverse light switch adjustments - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
StphNieuw
Stephan
Former owner of a 84 D90 RHD 2.5 NA

Reverse light switch adjustments

Hi guys,
I am having some issues with the reverse light on my 184 ROW 90. When I put the car in reverse I see the light flash on for a second and go out right away this at least indicates that the bulbs and there isn't a short. Additionally if I move the gear lever over to the right once its in reverse and hold it there I can see the light stays on.

Question: can I address this by adjusting or is it a item that just needs to be replaced after all of the years of use? I thought they just screw into the thread and that's it. I haven't around to playing a lot with it but was hoping to get your inputs.

I also wasn't able to find many threads on the actual adjustment other than you adjusted it too far in preventing access to reverse.

-Stephan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

If I am thinking correctly it is a plunger type switch, AMR3918, for the R380. Your trans might be a little different. Might just be the switch is going bad.
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
StphNieuw
Stephan
Former owner of a 84 D90 RHD 2.5 NA

The part number is prc2911 for the lt77. British Atlantic had them for about 20 so I'll just order a new one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht, switch