Reverse Light is OUT. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:21 AM
redrange
Billy
96 Disco "Narlee"

Registry
Reverse Light is OUT.

This is actually on my Disco 1...but hoping a fix would be the same here as it would be on my Defender? but the reverse light used to go on when i'd throw it in reverse. then, it started flickering ... not it doesn't go on at all.
I installed work lights on the rack up top and when i turn them on, both reverse lights are tied in as well and both light up just fine. they just don't work when the truck is actually IN reverse. Need to get truck inspected before end of the month so any guidance is appreciated. thanks!
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:36 AM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
NC does not require reverse lights for inspection, but then I saw you are in VA where everything on a car is illegal.

If your D1 is a manual there is a switch on the transmission that could be burned out. Also im thinking if they wont come on when your in reverse, something is breaking the circuit so I would think the reverse switch.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old September 15th, 2015, 03:27 PM
redrange
Billy
96 Disco "Narlee"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
How did you wire your work lights? You needed to wire them to get powers from the reverse switch and/or your work lights. Also, check all of the grounds.

-Jeff
not sure how they were wired... had a buddy do it. but the rev lights both go on when work lights do, so i know there bulbs are at least hooked up.
i think its the switch because the light used to work. then only worked when i pulled down hard on the gear shifter into R. now, not at all. going to try to remove the center console this weekend.
thanks again.
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2015, 03:29 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
If you need a hand, let me know, Billy. I think I'm within walking distance of your place and could be present and annoying, if nothing else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht