Restoration: Staying Organized - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 30th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Get the biggest shelving unit your shop will take, and organize accordingly. Bags are great but you have to put them some where, I actually use paint mixing cups and label and they are stackable. To each their own! Good luck and have fun!
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:45 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Get the biggest shelving unit your shop will take, and organize accordingly. Bags are great but you have to put them some where, I actually use paint mixing cups and label and they are stackable. To each their own! Good luck and have fun!
Really good point about shelving. It's amazing how much space you need for the stuff taken off. I've got most of the small stuff in the back of the 90.

Also like to lay the stuff out on a folding table where I can see it all while reassembling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4044371885.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	138228  
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Sharpies. Lots of them. For marking zip locks etc

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2015, 03:45 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Big rubbermaid tub. Put all small parts / bolt / brackets in there.

The thought process is, "I don't know where it is exactly, but I definitely know it's in the tub!"

One of the worst things that can happen is that something walks off and you never find it again.
Old January 1st, 2016, 09:09 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I didn't do this cause I was so incredibly inexperienced before my engine swap kicked off but iPhones are cheap as crap in CL these days. Maybe buy a 4 with 32g for $35 bucks and keep it charged in the shop just for your project.

One Stop Shop for vids and pics in chrono order dedicated to the project at hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 1st, 2016, 09:41 AM
skitzy
Nick
91 D90 2.5NA doing LS Gen IV Thing

Registry
Great idea @1of40 and even if not carrier network connected (i.e. No network monthly charges) iPhone can still be Wifi connected to your iCloud storage so you also have a backup and perfect if the iDevice ever dies on you. Great secondary use for these handheld computers after getting an upgrade. No longer feeling guilty about adding more waste to the trash heap.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:37 PM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
I didn't do this cause I was so incredibly inexperienced before my engine swap kicked off but iPhones are cheap as crap in CL these days. Maybe buy a 4 with 32g for $35 bucks and keep it charged in the shop just for your project.

One Stop Shop for vids and pics in chrono order dedicated to the project at hand.
Good call. I kept all my iPhones past three gens and two gens of Samsung Notes. Have been using them as Digital Gauges(Torque) App on my OBD enabled cars. I will get more uses out of these little guys.

Have been buying shelvings units and plastic containers/organizers from HF. Gotta love that store!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
restoration