Replacing rear half shafts and flanges.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 8th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4
Replacing rear half shafts and flanges..

I'm slowly going through my D90 and replacing all the stress pieces with newer metal..

On the block are my rear half shafts which are getting replaced with some Ashcroft rear Hd shafts and HD flanges...

Question is if I need to do anything to the shafts or can I just drop them in? I pulled the half shafts out about a month ago when I replaced the rear rotors with new ventilated and cross drilled ones... seemed really easy, but for new ones, do I need to do anything to prep them before install?

Next step is to get the internals of the rear diff replaced with a locker... not sure which route I am going- Detroit or ARB air locker?

Old October 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Chris Velardi
Chris Velardi
1975 101FC
Just slide them in , one of the easiest mods you can do to a Defender (as long as they are not being replaced because you snapped one off)

Chris "V"
Old October 9th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
You could prelube the diff side splines with 90wt as an added measure. While not really necessary, it can't hurt and only take a second.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions