Replacing Cantrails, need advice! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Mark Harrison
94 / D-90
Replacing Cantrails, need advice!

Just bought two new cantrails. During the replacement I ran into a couple of isses I need help with. The first is simple. In removing the rear cross over bar, one of the star head bolts stripped. I need to find a place where I can replace all the bolts. Anyone know where I can find these or what they are called?

The second is a bit more challenging. The light weight bar that crosses over from one cantrail to the other and supports the soft top will not come out of the cantrail. It looks to be pressed in and seems like it should just pop out but it won't. In trying to pull it out, the pin in the bar is bending out and it does not seem like an easy part to replace. Does anyone have any idea as to how to remove this bar from both cantrail without damaging it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions