Replacing bullet connectors w/ Weatherpack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Replacing bullet connectors w/ Weatherpack

I know some folks here have replaced their bullet connectors with Weatherpacks. How did you handle the 2-into-1 wiring that's happening in the rear speaker boxes? I'm talking about where one wire comes out of the chassis harness and splits into two wires inside the bullet terminal: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....tos/C312-2.jpg

I finally got around to pulling the chassis harness out of my truck today. I haven't got it all out yet but I'm working my way forward. These bullet connectors and the mess of PVC tape around them are really pissing me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

i use a common solder joint that's used in many new LR 2 into 1 ..or you can use a 3-4 pin weatherpac and double up on one pin and jump it from pin to pin on one side of the connector ... if you want i could make you that connection connector for you .... ill try to post some pics for you asap
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

After pulling the harness out, I'm realizing that converting to Weatherpack would be a total nightmare. Not only would I have to build a harness with it, I would have to build all new pigtails (the "sub-harnesses") that branch off of the primary harness to things like the tail lights, the speakers, the transfer case, etc. Way too much work. I'm just going to have to source all of the connectors and rebuild to stock spec.

On a side note, my chassis harness has at least seven different connector types. I'm not talking about variants of the same style of connector, I'm talking about seven completely different styles. It's totally insane. They must have built these harnesses from the spare parts bin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2012, 11:59 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

If you find the 2 into 1 connectors, post the source.
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:06 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
If you find the 2 into 1 connectors, post the source.
http://www.britishwiring.com/Bullets...ctors-s/47.htm

Last row on the left looks like a 2-to-2 that's "common" (both terminals hooked together). Like the factory harness, you just plug two into one side and one into the other.
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

yes i know that's up to you it's just a good point to attract corrosion and faulty connection from vibration ect....
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Just pack all the connectors with dielectric grease and they will be fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac